I havent said much about it because I’d like to pretend it didnt happen and it hasnt really hit me since I dont live in Winchester anymore, and because I had a big weekend with Micah’s birthday and all. But… my family’s sweet dog died this weekend.
She was 10 years old and had Lymes diesease, so we knew it was coming soon, we just didnt realize that soon.
She died peacefully in her sleep. I am sad, so is all my family. I feel the worst for mom, dad, and Caleb. They live at home where they will feel her absense the most.
I know its just a dog, but if you know our family you know Molly was part of it. She was in all our sibling pictures on the floor after thanksgiving, etc. She had the most fun personality ever and man was she sassy (probably because she knew she could be).
Here are some things about her:
– she always tried to eat Star cat’s food
– my sister taught her to “get joey” (the other cat, she would chase and then pounce on him, enough to get him but still gentle)
– she could play hide and seek with treats and always found them, even if it took her a little while
– if you put on tennis shoes, said the word leash, made a sound that sounded like walk, or even said ipod she was eagerly ready to go wherever she thought you were going to go
– she loved her belly rubbed
– she was such a snob with kisses, it took forever for my sister to get her to do it and when she did, she would like half way stick her tounge out and kinda look at you cock eyed…
– she was not allowed on dad’s side of the bed but mom would let her on her’s
– if she was in the middle and heard dad coming up the stairs she would jump off (especially, if we said “daddy guess who is on the bed?”- she was smart)
– one time she ran away (when she was in heat) and when she came back we all scolded her like a teenager that had been out with a boy- haha I remember being so mad at her!
– she never had real babies, but she had many stuffed animals she would “mother”
– mom has a special voice for her
– dad always vibrates his tounge and says “mollllllllaaaaa”
– she knew tons of tricks and we always showed them off to anyone that came over
– she loved to go on adventures… even by herself to the cow pasture where she on more than one occasion came home with manure all over her
– sometimes she picked favorites but mostly she loved us all, she really knew how to read us
– she absolutely loved her soccer ball
– her entire butt shook when she wagged her nub of a tail
Now she is buried behind our old play house(kudos to dad cause there is no way I could do that. I think daddies and husbands are stronger than mommies and wives), I am going to miss her a lot.
That picture really doesnt do her justice. She was the cutest.
it sucks, but life goes on…
I’m doing fine with it but I thought it would be theraputic to write it out, plus… I want to remember.
Have you lost a pet before?
What was your favorite thing about him or her?